What Information is Strawberry Park Hot Springs gathering about it's visitors and how is it being used?
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g. earthlink.net) and an IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.100). When a visitor requests a page from within the Strawberry Park Hot Springs website, our Web Servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to our Web Server. This information reveals nothing personal about you. In fact, the only information that we automatically gather and log is as follows:
- The IP Address of the Site that may have Referred you.
- Your IP Address.
- The Web Page that you may have linked to us from, if any.
- The Product Identifier for Version and Make of Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer 5.0).
- The Operating System platform that you may be running (e.g Mac OS, Windows, Linux).
- Search Words or Terms that are passed from a Search Engine (e.g Google, Yahoo, or Lycos).
There is absolutely nothing special about the information just described, and the practice of collecting this data has been generally standardized by virtually every Web Server on the Internet today.
The purpose of this information is actually two-fold. One, Strawberry Park Hot Springs has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic in its aggregate, so that we can ensure maximuum compatibility for the various Browsers and Operating Systems that visit our site. Additionally, as any business should attest, it is our desire to generate greater amounts of visitor traffic. By analyzing visitatioin patterns, refferring URLs and Search Engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure on the internet.
What about Cookies?
You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browsers help feature you can obtain information on how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. if you choose no to accept these cookies, your experience at our website and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
What other information does Strawberry Park Hot Springs request?
We may also request your e-mail address or mailing address for the purposes of conducting a survey, adding you to our mailing list, or by your request to have someone contact you for additional information. Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We maintain a strict "No Spam" policy that means we do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third party, without your consent.
Will Strawberry Park Hot Springs disclose the information collected to Third Parties?
Strawberry Park Hot Springs will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessarry to:
- Confirm the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Strawberry Park Hot Springs.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Strawberry Park Hot Springs, or visitors of Strawberry Park Hot Springs.
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties.
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.