1. My perfectly behaved and absolutely adorable [dog, cat, bird, fish, capybara] is coming with my on my trip. Are pets allowed at the Hot Springs? A: Unfortunately not. Pets and Hot Springs tend to not mesh well and absolutely no pets are allowed at the Hot Springs.
2. Q: Will I need to have a 4 wheel drive vehicle to come up during the summer months? A: No. Four wheel drive is a requirement due to ice and snow. Although the road is certainly an element to be taken seriously, two wheel drive vehicles are normally fine during the summer. Motorcycles are not recommended as the road is unpaved; however, it is possible to bring up a bike as well.
3. Q: I am pregnant and my doctor advises me to not bath in hot water. Are your pools cool enough? A: Probably not. Our source water stays very hot throughout the year and our coolest pool temperature (although it can fluctuate) is usually around 102 degrees F.
4. Q: What type of lighting should I expect at night? A: Very little. We seriously attempt to allow the pool setting to be as natural as possible. Little light means better star gazing and so please bring flashlights or headlamps with if you are planning on staying after dark.
5. Q: Where can I find information for the shuttles? A: Sweet Pea Tours and Hot Springs Adventures are two separate companies and are not operated by the Strawberry Park Hot Springs. Please see our homepage for contact information for both companies.
6. Q: I would like to come to enjoy the springs in the morning and then come back at night. Is my payment good all day? A: The Hot Springs admission price is good for as long as you like to stay, but only for one trip. If you are able to stay for the duration of the day that is fine, but to leave and return later in the day you will have to pay again.
7. Q: I am bringing a group of people. Do you offer group discounts? A: No we do not. We attempt to promote that all groups utilize the shuttle companies for transportation as our own parking can be limited. Please contact either Sweet Pea Tours or Hot Springs Adventures for any group information.
8. Q: We are staying overnight and would like to have a campfire. Are fires allowed at the cabins or tent sites? A: Usually not. Given the usual dryness of the summer months and the fact that our sites are so spread out, we typically do not allow fires at individual sites. There may be exceptions made based on weather patterns. Fires are NEVER allowed at the cabins or the covered wagons. We do have a shared fireplace which is open for overnight guests to have fires.
9. Q: Are you open for the holidays? A: Yes we are. We stay open during normal operating hours each and every day of the year.
10. Q: We are driving to Steamboat Springs from Denver, Grand Junction, Summit County, etc. How far away are you? A: Given normal driving conditions Denver and Grand Junction are approximately three hours away from Steamboat Springs. Summit County is 1 ˝ to 2 hours. Strawberry Park Hot Springs is approximately 20 minutes from Steamboat Ski Area and 15 minutes from downtown Steamboat.
11. Q: I have an important business meeting in Steamboat and would like to style my hair before I leave the Hot Springs. Can I use a hair dryer / curling iron in your restrooms? A: No. We are operating off – grid as far as power usage and as such no outlets are available for hair styling, cell phone charging, etc.
12. Q: Do you have RV facilities? A: No we do not. RVs are not great vehicles for driving the Hot Springs’ road and we do not have any hookups. Parking is usually limited as well so finding a spot to park may be impossible..